Federico P Girardi, M.D.
Dr. Federico P. Girardi specializes in the surgical treatment of different spinal disorders, including but not limited to: degenerative (disc herniation, degenerative disc disease, stenosis), deformity (scoliosis, kyphosis, flat-back), metabolic (osteoporosis), fractures, and tumors of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine.
Dr. Girardi has performed extensive clinical research that involves areas that include minimally invasive surgery, clinical outcomes of different surgical procedures, and imaging modalities of the spine.
He is also interested in the basic science aspects of bone, disc and nerve tissue regeneration as well as the investigation of alternatives to spinal fusion for the treatment of degenerative disc disease.
- Attending Orthopaedic Surgeon, Hospital for Special Surgery
- Professor of Orthopedics, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Associate Scientist, Research Division, Hospital for Special Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
Lumbar, Thoracic, and Cervical Spinal Disorders
Degenerative Conditions: Disc herniations, Degenerative Disc Disease, Spinal Stenosis, Spondylolisthesis
Spinal Deformities (Scoliosis, Kyphosis)
Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Spine Non-fusion Surgery
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- MD, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Rosario, Argentina
- Residency: Hospital de Clinicas "Jose de San Martin" Buenos Aires University, Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Fellowship: Hospital for Special Surgery, Spine & Scoliosis Surgery, New York
- Team Science Award, Translational Science (ACRT, AFMR, APOR, SCTS) Washington, DC, 2012
- Best Resident Research Study, 1993
Member, American Medical Association
Member, Hospital for Special Surgery Alumni Association
Member, Medical Society of the State of New York
Member, New York County Medical Society
Member, Scoliosis Association
Member, Argentine Association of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (AAOT)
Member Nucleus Arthroplasty Society (SONA)
Member, Society for the Lateral Access Surgery (SOLAS)
Member, North American Spine Society (NASS)
Member, Scoliosis Research Society (SRS)
Member, European Spine Society (ESS)
Member, International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine (ISSLS)
Member, Spine Arthroplasty Society (SAS)